Text analytics and social media mining enthusiast.
Nihal, a native of Hyderabad, India, graduated from Osmania University with a bachelor’s degree in information technology. While working as a systems engineer at Infosys, Nihal learned from a friend about research opportunities and graduate school options available at the College of Engineering and Information Technology at UA Little Rock. He joined UA Little Rock in 2014 to pursue his master’s degree in information quality where he was introduced to COSMOS and the Blogtrackers tool. Since then, Nihal has become one of our core researchers heading this project. He is currently a fifth-year doctoral student in information science set to graduate in December.
- COSMOS Paper Wins Best Paper Award
- COSMOS Paper Published in Text2Story’20 Workshop
- Muhammad Nihal Hussain Successfully Defends his Doctoral Dissertation
- EIT Open House Awards
- Best Paper Award Presented to COSMOS during SOTICS 2018
- COSMOS showcases technological solutions during Department of State delegation visit at UA Little Rock
- COSMOS Wins 2nd Place in Disinformation Poster Challenge at SBP-BRiMS
- UA Little Rock student researcher is uncovering the secrets of the blogosphere
- Research explores how online narratives on refugees shift over time.
- Team COSMOS wins Best Paper Award at conference