Nitin Agarwal is the Jerry L. Maulden-Entergy Endowed Chair and Distinguished Professor of Information Science at UA Little Rock. His research interests include social computing, (deviant) behavior modeling, group dynamics, influence, trust, collective action, social-cyber forensics, health informatics, data mining, and privacy. He has published widely in top-tier forums with several best paper awards and nominations; from Saudi Arabian women’s right to drive cyber campaigns to Autism awareness campaigns to ISIS’ and anti-West/anti-NATO propaganda campaigns.
As the director of the Collaboratorium for Social Media and Online Behavioral Studies (COSMOS), he is leading several projects that have made foundational and applicational contributions. His research is supported by grants from the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), Office of Naval Research (ONR), Army Research Office (ARO), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Dr. Agarwal obtained Ph.D. from the School of Computing and Informatics, Arizona State University with outstanding dissertation recognition in 2009. He was recognized as one of ‘The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s’ by Arkansas Business in 2011. He received the University-wide Faculty Excellence Award in Research and Creative Endeavors in 2015 as well as the Social Media 2015 Educator of the Year Award at the 21st International Education and Technology Conference, Hong Kong SAR, China. Dr. Agarwal was nominated as International Academy, Research and Industry Association (IARIA) Fellow in Winter 2016/Spring 2017.
Visit https://profiles.ualr.edu/na10/ for more details.
- Adeola Adesoba awarded STEAM Scholarship
- COSMOS Paper Wins Best Paper Award
- COSMOS Develops Techniques to Identify Adversarial Information Operations Tactics
- COSMOS Paper Published in Text2Story’20 Workshop
- COSMOS Team Places in Governor’s Cup and Wins $10,000
- Arkansas Attorney General partners with COSMOS to Track False COVID-19 Websites and Online Scams.
- Muhammad Nihal Hussain Successfully Defends his Doctoral Dissertation
- Kiran Kumar Bandeli Successfully Defends his Doctoral Dissertation
- Billy Spann Successfully Defends his Master’s Thesis
- Anal Kanti Roy Successfully Defends his Master’s Thesis.