Blogtrackers: Analyzing Social Media for Cultural Modeling
COSMOS is among the very few universities in the country with a team and projects dedicated to researching blogs. In 2009, COSMOS Director Dr. Nitin Agarwal developed a program called Blogtrackers, a tool designed to track and analyze blogs and gain insights from the blogosphere. Through Blogtrackers, COSMOS has been actively working on research studies that are supported by grants from the U.S. Office of Naval Research in the fight against cyber propaganda campaigns and tracked how anti-NATO groups reacted to information released during NATO’s exercises. Agarwal and Muhammad Nihal Hussain, a fifth-year doctoral student in information science and a core researcher at COSMOS, also have trained NATO personnel to use Blogtrackers to analyze how false information and fake news stories are spread through social media.
This research project funded by the U.S. Office of Naval Research (ONR), provides decision makers data analytical tools to monitor and track blogosphere. A variety of analytical measures are available for analysts to examine the influential bloggers, sentiments and affects, traffic trends, posting frequency, blog profiles, metadata, blog networks and communities, among others.
Latest about Blogtrackers:
- International Visitors Gain Insights into COSMOS Research on Social Cyber Security and Misinformation on Social Media
- Ph.D. candidate Adewale Obadimu learns and networks at CRA Workshop in Hawaii
- Dr. Agarwal speaks about deviant online behavior at UA Little Rock Downtown Lecture Series
- COSMOS Tools Showcased in EIT Colloquium
- Dr. Agarwal named Arkansas Research Alliance Fellow
- COSMOS showcases technological solutions during Department of State delegation visit at UA Little Rock
- COSMOS presents new emerging technologies at annual NATO conference in Rome
- COSMOS Wins 2nd Place in Disinformation Poster Challenge at SBP-BRiMS
- COSMOS joins program to fight the spread of foreign propaganda
- UA Little Rock student researcher is uncovering the secrets of the blogosphere